The Rapture is coming soon. How soon? Nobody knows. If it happens this year in 2023, here are some high-watch days. The first two are figured from the Feast of Firstfruits (resurrection day) which occurs on the first Sunday after Nisan 15 (according to the Bible).
1) Ascension Day is mentioned in Acts 1. "Until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, 3 to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God" (Acts 1:2-3). So, the apostles first saw him on resurrection day and they saw him for forty days afterward. The first day they didn't see him was the day after the ascension. This year Ascension Day occurs on Thursday, May 18, 2023 (Iyyar 28).
2) Shavuot/Pentecost occurs on the 50th day from Firstfruits (Firstfruits is the first day), so this year Pentecost will take place on Sunday, May 28, 2023 (Sivan 9). The Jews reckon Shavuot a little differently, as they figure the Sabbath mentioned in Leviticus 23:15 is referring to Nisan 15 and not the Saturday Sabbath after Nisan 15. They also celebrate it for two days.
3) Many people like Tisha B'Av, the 9th day of Av, for the Rapture. This year it occurs on Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
4) The Feast of Trumpets occurs on Tishri 1 on the Jewish calendar. This year it occurs on Friday, September 15, 2023.
5) Any day between today and the end of 2023.
I have a question about the crucifixion. It is pretty much historical fact that Herod died in 4BC so how could the crucifixion take place in any other year than 30AD? If Christ was 33 1/2 when He died, He could not have been born after the death of Herod right?
All in on Tishrei 1, 6029.
Thank you, Randy, for this straightforward (and short 😁) summary!
Well, we can scratch Ascension Day off the list. Isn't it ironic that the Bilderberg Group annual meeting took place (began) on Ascension Day this year? This is their 69th meeting thus far, since its beginning in 1954.
I’m watching everyday, but I like the 9th of Av for peripheral reasons
Thanks, I’ll be watching. Maranatha!